Monday, October 10, 2016

Good company to work with.

Another Big shout out goes to Marty Reed from Parallax Group Inc.. These are the guys that make a lot of the power Converters in RV's. OK so I send the company an email questioning them as to how to properly install my transfer switch to their (now obsolete) converter and get this, I not only get a reply within a few minutes but I sent him several more emails over the course of next few hours and he replied with very straight forward advice and instructions each and every time. Man I do thousands of dollars of business with companies that I can't get a reply from and this company is willing to give me tech support for free on one of their older systems they don't even make any more. Now that is Service!
So now to what I have been up to speed with the 5er. I replaced the last few battery cables and installed a battery disconnect to the main power feed of the 5er. This will keep the power equipment disconnect while I work on the transfer switch. And yes I could just disconnect the batteries from the system each time I need to shut power down but that is a lot more work than turning a knob ¼ turn.
As mentioned my 5er is an 02 and whomever wrote the ID's on the circuit breakers used a shorthand I have trouble reading so I am in the process of redoing them with a labeler. I also found out that there are certain circuits that when triggered do more than just supply power. For instance with the batteries disconnected when the Ref 120 amp breaker is triggered it also turns on the Converter sending 12volt to the unit as well as the 120volt. At this point I am unsure if this is needed to fire the propane system built into the Ref. Or if it is there for a 3 way Ref. (120volt, 12volt, Propane). Will need to look into that further.
I have also found that one circuit is wired but not being used. That one supplies 120volt to the 2nd AC unit and the Cloths Washer, neither of which does the 5er have installed so I have an open circuit should I need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment