Thursday, March 30, 2017

Death Valley National park

Took my bride out for lunch today and ended up in Death Valley. No not from the food, the National Park, and it is unbelievable! Turns out it is only about an hour away from our camp site without any big mountains you need to cross to get there. Actually it is probably only a 30 min. drive but the road you take to get there winds around a lot to miss the mountains as it crested at 3000 ft before dropping down to 282 ft at Badwater Basin. The view was breathtaking and the road being one less traveled was a ball to drive.


We also stopped at the Furnace Inn which also was way cool even though it was way out of our price range. As we came up the wrong way we got a chance to talk to a gentleman that greets the guests when they arrive and sees to it someone parks their car and brings in the luggage. He told us some very interesting history about the area and the inn itself.
We went inside to check it out and each had a beer. I would have had another but they were so expensive I needed to wait for my next government check to arrive before I would be able to afford it. Not really but if what they charge for a beer is any indication I sure will not be reserving a room there any time soon. Can you say Sticker Shock! But still the guy was cool, the beer cold and the view out the window overlooking the valley as well as looking at my lovely bride was fantastic. I really am getting into this being a tourist.
It’s always an Adventure

Mark 

No comments:

Post a Comment