Saturday, October 5, 2019

Mark is out numbered

My beautiful yellow Canary turned out to not be a Carl but a Carla. I'm saddened by that but nothing I can do about it now. She is still a very pretty bird and loves to tweet in the morning, but as a rule female Canaries don't sing. The singing is what I really wanted to hear, not just tweeting. :( I've left my name at PetSmart stating that I would like a male Canary. But I'm not sure they know how to tell the difference. At the time I didn't know either. So I sent Carla's picture to some breeders and they said that Carl is in fact a Carla. Now I also am more informed as how to tell the difference. So Mark is outnumbered by females once again. Not that he minds, he doesn't notice anyway. He is either working, at the shooting range or in front of his computer. Such is retirement.

The morning weather has been so nice that we are able to open the doors and windows until early afternoon. At which time the doors and windows get closed again. The afternoons are in the mid to high 90's for a bit longer. But at least the a/c isn't running near as long. That will make the utility bill much easier on the checking account. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment