Thursday, October 10, 2019

Bye Bye Carla

Tonight Mark captured Carla from her cage and we took her back to PetSmart. I was so glad that I had saved the little box they put her in when we bought her. In the box she went and off to PetSmart we drove. They were so nice to us with the return of the bird. I reassured them that Carla was happy and healthy and that I just wanted a Carl not a Carla.

There are two Canaries at the store in quarantine until Sunday. The clerk took pictures of the two birds so I could see if either of them were a male. But it was quite difficult. So Sunday after church we will go to PetSmart and take a closer look. Hopefully one of them will be a male or at least easy to tell the difference. If both are female, I'll just wait until they get a male Canary. The young man didn't know how to tell the difference and was happy to now have a better idea of telling them apart. But it's still a gamble since the birds are hard to tell until they sing or don't sing or you check the genitalia and even then it's not easy. There are time that breeders have a difficult time sexing the Canaries. I've learned a lot from reading and asking breeders about the Canaries. I'm no authority but am better educated than when we first got Carla.

Anyway, I didn't think it possible but I miss Carla. Not the numerous feathers she was shedding right now. I know that Lola will be happy that she is gone and would love for the cage to be out of what she thinks is her area. hehehe But the cage will stay where it is and tomorrow I will give it a good cleaning in preparation for a new and hopefully male Canary.

So until I find a male Canary, there is no bird in the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment