Friday, January 19, 2018

January 19, 2018

Morning is sunny and a comfortable 54º. This weekend we are in for a very windy and cooler couple of days. The high temps in the mid 60s and winds gusting as high as 30 mph. We will be staying close to home so as to keep an eye on our "Arizona room"  and hope it doesn't get twisted or wrecked. The winds can get mighty strong and come up very quickly.

A few mundane things  need to get done, such as emptying the tanks and softening the water. The water here is so very hard that we need to recharge our softener about every couple weeks. Where as most other places the water will stay soft as long as two months. Hutchinson is the only place it stays soft that long, the other places are more like a month. Last week a neighbor gave us 6 just picked lemons so I plan on making lemon bars while Mark tackles the above mentioned chores. I think I got the better end of the stick. hehe

Later in the day we will head to the Arizona Market place for some fresh fruit. I also plan on getting a frappe' from the Java Gypsy. Man does she know good coffees. Today I might try something besides my usual white chocolate, caramel frappe. Like make it an iced latte'. Either way it will be wonderful. hehehe

One of these days I will get started on crocheting a baby afghan for the new arrival of my nephew and his wife in July. It's been awhile since I've made a baby afghan, so it may take me until then to get it done. My left hand and arm don't work like they used to. But I WILL persevere. hehe

Time to get moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment