Saturday, December 3, 2016

December 3, 2016

It looks as though I need to get some more things written down here. We have been enjoying our stay at the Blue Sky RV Resort in Yuma. Every time we head out from our home, I still am in awe of the beauty that God has created in the mountains. In this area the mountains are called foothills. But being a Minnesota native, that is more used to grasslands and lakes, the foot hills are mountains to me.  One afternoon we got up close, as close as we could anyway, to the “foothills”. It was breathtaking to see, in person, what I have only seen in pictures. No picture compares to seeing them with the naked eye, up close and personal.


The closest I got to the mountains was when we were traveling through them to get to our resort. I was never so nervous in my life, with two exceptions. I know that I prayed the whole way through them and at times my eyes were closed tightly. It was tough seeing through my eyelids but I really didn’t mind missing the sight outside my window that went straight down the mountain side.  YIKES, too close for comfort for this ole gal. But what I did manage to see took my breath away. And Praise the Lord, my prayers were answered and we made it through the mountain roads safely. The good ole Ford dauly made it down as well as up  every time. If I listened closely enough I could hear the engine saying, I know I can, I know I can. :)  And it did. Mark's hands may never be the same as I know he was white knuckling the drive most of the way. But not once did he give me any indication that he was nervous. For that I am thankful. hehe

So far we have enjoyed dining at new places. Mark even tried, and loved frozen yogurt. We have been a good customer since. It shouldn’t have surprised me but there was even hot sauce to add to the frozen yogurt. Yes, hot sauce on every table everywhere, even the pizza place. Nope, we won’t be adding that to our meals anytime soon. Well I do like taco’s that are hot and spicy. Del  Taco’s is a great place to get the best taco’s we have ever had. And yes, we have eaten there twice.

Ok so you now we are enjoying all the food in the area. We also love to shop in all the new places as well as some familiar ones. Not one day goes by that we aren’t going somewhere to either eat or shop. And everywhere we turn is a view of “my mountains”.

The only negative thing that I can find, is that when the wind blows dirt is flying everywhere. Today the wind gusts are 30 mph and the dirt in the air is so thick I can hardly see the mountains. :( Back home we would be shoveling snow, here I sweep, vacuum and wipe everything down daily. But we are happy here and plan to return next fall. 


Ok tonight it’s story time so here goes. As most of you know today is my birthday and thanks to all the well wishers even though I had though the 3rd was tomorrow I was made aware of my error.

Now to the story. I have worked for many many years in the service industry and as such every once in awhile run across some more mature (Older) guy that would come in looking for some small oddball part that makes a larger part work. Almost inevitably I would try to help him but in my mind I was just thinking to myself “why not just replace the hole darn unit. Well guess what today is my birthday and I am the old guy in the RV Store looking for a small switch for a light that the replacement cost is about $12.95.

So where is the story you ask? I finally figured it out. The reason I was fixing the light instead of replacing it was A. I had all the time in the world to find and replace the switch to make the light work again. and B. Because I can diagnose the problem with the tools I have by keeping it simple with a cheap volt/ohm meter and a piece of 14 gauge wire. C. We are in a park that is just down from one of the largest RV Hardware stores in Yuma. They not only had the switch I needed they had to have at least 35 switches in their assortment. P/S they also had the complete light in both amber and clear  lens as well. Interesting they only had one each of the complete lights but several of each of the 35 switches on hand. This palace is amazing in the hardware they stock, absolutely amazing. 

We also picked up a shower head and hose assembly got 15% and free coffee and donuts. Not bad for a birthday. Plus for the first time in my life while doing plumbing I did not get WET. Amazing!

On another subject I also reset the stabilizers on the camper today as well as got a sand bath caused by being out in the desert in 35 mile winds. It really gets dusty here. When driving in it it’s like driving in a snow storm only it’s sand blowing. Trying to run the dually as little as possible in it so as not to get sand in the intake. 


Well that's it for now. This old man is going to take a break. 


Until next time, stay safe, warm, and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment