Thursday, November 10, 2016

November 9, 2016

November 9, 2016.

After spending the night at another WM in New Mexico, we had a great breakfast at a Dennys just down the parking lot. The breakfast was thanks to a gift certificate from a wonderful coworker of Marks. And the breakfast was fabulous. We needed a good substantial breakfast since supper was so minimal. 

My eyes got wider and wider the closer or further we got into Arizona. I could see mountains on the horizon and my mouth dropped and eyes were all over. Good thing I wasn’t driving or we could have had a BIG problem. To me it was mountains all over the place but to the natives there they were just hills. I was in awe of all of what I saw. Well, that was  with the exception of the abandoned homes littered all over the place.  The closer we got to Holbrook the more monotonous the scenery became. But I was tired of riding in the truck by then too.


Oh my goodness how could I forget a harrowing experience that we had. Well it was for me anyway. Coming out Albuquerque going through some mountains, the road changed to one lane because of, get this, bridge work. So here we are stopped on a bridge in the mountains!!!  Two places I don’t like being. My heart and stomach were pounding like a room full of bass drums. To me it seemed like hours, but in reality it went smoothly and didn’t take much longer than about 20 minutes. Too much excitement, we needed a place for the night.


We found a very nice Good Sam’s campgrounds, OK RV Campgrounds, in Holbrook, Arizona, for us to call home for a good rest. The sites were all pull through much to Marks delight. It was quiet, had free wifi, cable tv, showers, laundry and complimentary coffee and rolls in the morning at the office. We highly recommend this campgrounds to everyone.

After setting up we collapsed onto our chairs. Mark took a short much needed nap after the hard work of setting us up for the night. It took some work for him to get us hooked up to the cable for tv, but he is good at that sort of thing so we had more than two channels for a change.  Lola was so happy to be home in her bed, that as soon as I put it on the floor she was in it right away. 

This may all sound rather boring and mundane but our days are mostly on the road right now, trying to get to warmer weather. We are enjoying each day so to us it is exciting and a new experience that we will never forget.

We decided to stay another night here for some extra down time. We went up to the office and had coffee and a muffin before tackling the laundry. Yep, the maid decided not to come with us on our journey so I have to do it all…… yet.  There were 8 machines so the three loads were done in no time at all. Mark made today a “Lola day” so he spent time walking and playing with her. She has been such a wonderful traveler. So content in the backseat sleeping until she decides she wants a pet or a hug. 



Tomorrow we will be hitting the road again, working our way to Mesa Arizona. Yes, I know that we had said Utah. But being retired and on no time frame, we can change our minds as often as we like.

No comments:

Post a Comment