Monday, November 4, 2019

Nice Sunday.


A chilly morning and a week of mid and upper 80’s. At least it cools down at night and sleeps good. We used to come down here around the 14th of November and that is around the time the temp stays in the 70’s during the day and 40’s at night.

 Yesterday we were reflecting on our travels and all the work it involved. Watching the campers pull in and what the people were having to do to get settled made us glad we were now settled. It was great fun then but it seems we got too old too fast. We don’t miss the tear down and set up but really enjoyed all the rest. Well, I didn’t enjoy going through the mountains. They looked much better when we weren’t IN them.

Since we didn’t make it to church we sat and did nothing all the rest of the morning. I made a nice breakfast and Mark took Lola out. Then we went to PetSmart. Mark had it in his head that we needed another canary. Then he saw the pretty Cockateil. But after I explained to him what that would all entail “For Him” to do. He changed his mind.  And not another Canary at this point either. There is no room for another cage anywhere. Maybe someday I will have a pair to breed. But not right now. I’m still learning Carl’s needs. Come spring we will know for sure if Carl is indeed a male.  A female will lay eggs even if they aren’t fertilized. No eggs, then not a female. I hope Carl is in fact a Carl and will begin to sing soon. So far all he has is a cute little trill.

From the pet store we went to the Arizona Marketplace and looked around. Most of the vendors were there but not the one that had the sunglasses I want. Maybe later they will be there. I need the kind that fit over the glasses and I want pink like I had. After we got home Mark called a buddy and chatted for a bit. Then we headed out for supper only to find that most places were so busy. Yep, the snowbirds were all eating out too. We ended up at Denny’s. They have very good food. I love their super Nacho’s so I had a half order. The full order is too big even for me. hehehe

Mark doesn’t go into work until 5 today and 4 tomorrow.  He likes the later start. Then the rest of the week it’s 10 to 7, a bad shift for us. But I’m not sure how much longer he will stay working there. He isn’t happy there anymore. This new area isn’t managed well at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment