Monday, November 25, 2019

Holiday prep

Yesterday we were so happy to have made it to church. Since Mark is no longer working our weekends are free to do what we want. The service was lead by the youth group and they did a wonderful job. The time flew by.

After church we went to the Golden Corral. Where else can two seniors eat their fill and only spend $20. Food is always hot when it needs to be hot and cold when it needs to be cold. And the buffet is always full. Our tummies were full when we left too.

The bigger Walmart on Pacific Ave. is my favorite WM in Yuma. The store is always clean and neat and not many snowbirds shop there. That is probably why the store is that way. Anyway, I got all that I had on my list. I should be all set for Thanksgiving and Christmas baking. God please let our milk supply last until next week. I don't want to go into any store anymore this week.

Saturday Mark got some things done that he had to put off due to his crazy work schedule. He even got out bear fountain up front. And even though it had sat for 3 years, the pump worked. Bears may not be a Yuma thing, but we like bear things. He checked over the little back so called porch and found it to be built very very poorly. We had thought to enclosing it and using it for storage, but it's not built to hold much more than the lousy floor. Not sure where we go from there other than to tear off the unsafe porch and maybe start over. Cost is a factor too.

A busy week ahead for me with Thanksgiving prep and the usual laundry and cleaning. Yes, our dinner will be all the trimmings even for just the two of us. As long as I am capable of doing it, that is what I will do. Yummmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment