Monday, September 9, 2019

Sad and celebration.

Today is mom's funeral. Funerals make for a sad day, but it should also be a celebration of life. A new life and the old. A day of remembering all the good times, the fun times, the hard times and the trials. A day to celebrate the life of a great lady, a strong lady right to the very end. To celebrate the end of pain and suffering that she had to endure for a very very long time, not just the days in hospice. A day to celebrate a new life in heaven with our Lord and Savior.

Today I want to think of all the things that mom enjoyed, what she did for her family and all the fun times with her. How strong she was, what she stood for and what she did for all of those around her. I don't want to think of her lying in the hospital bed looking so frail, when she was one not to lie around, not even on her bad days. My visions of the last times I saw her are hard to erase and I'm thankful that I didn't see her the last month of her time on earth. Seeing some pictures of her so frail isn't how I want to remember her. But those visions will be hard for my brothers, their families, and her husband to erase. They were the ones that were with her the most during her months of being in hospice. Those are not the memories that she would want us to remember. But to be remembered all that she did with her life,  her strength, and love of life.

Remember the good times as well as the bad, but never forget the love that she had of each and every one of us.

Go with God mommy, you will be missed here on earth by all who knew you.

14 “Do not let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me. 2 In My Father’s house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. 3 If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also. 4 And you know the way where I am going.” John 14:1-4