Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Gone but never to be forgotten


Around 5 am, I had a dream with mom in it. I went to her nursing home room and she was awake. She said I needed to see her new room so she got out of bed, she was so thin, but walked quickly.  We got to her new room , it was dark and I couldn’t figure out how to turn on the light switches, she didn't know either. Some people with no faces all in white came to the door and showed her how to turn on the lights. At that time I woke up. I had never seen that room before.  It was such an odd dream. As I laid in bed I was thinking that I was being told that mom’s room was ready for her and she was going to be taken to the light.

When I got out of bed this morning I half expected there to be a text telling me that mom had gone to her heavenly home.  I somehow felt that it won’t be long and she will be in her new “room”. And that she will be up walking and well soon.

About 7 hours of so later I got a call from my brother telling me that mom had passed some 20 minutes ago. That came as no surprise, after that dream. I felt at peace although filled with sadness. Mom is no longer hurting but happy and filled with the glory of our Lord and Saviour. She will live in my heart and memories forever.