Monday, July 10, 2017

This and that

So a while back we upgraded our water softener to a larger unit while we were in Yuma as the water there is absolutely BOLDER hard. As the height did not change on the unit I was keeping it as well as other things on a shelf running the length of right side of the 5er basement. I not thinking about the added weight of the softener it didn’t take too many site moves and it’s bouncing around caused the shelf to come loose in the corner where it was stored.
Now that we have some time I got multiple sized L brackets and reinforced all 4 corners as well as three each along the length of the shelf to the aluminum framing. This stiffening has made for a much more stable shelf and I will again be able to use it for the softener.

Now that we are back in Hutchinson for an extended stay I had the opportunity to go thru the tools we have been hauling with on our trip and make a more informed decision as to what we really need to take with on our next adventure. That said I weeded out two totes full of tools as well as a telescoping ladder that combined cut our payload by roughly 300 lbs. I think I heard both the 5er and the Dually whisper, “Thank You”. But I could be mistaken………..
With the added space we can now keep the extra spare tire in the back of the truck as we are traveling rather than lifting it up and into the camper each and every time we stop. Big win for me……… . And the wife since she didn’t relish climbing over it to get into the camper.

Other than that I have put off some work on the 5er to spend some time riding my motorcycle and visiting with friends, family and coworkers. It has been great catching up with you all. I can not express in words my feeling toward you all and want to leave this post with this message.
Should you get the chance to break away and take the path less traveled like Cindy and I are doing Jump at it. The unknown is more exhilarating and challenging that it is scary and the rewards the adventure provides will leave you with a lifetime of wonderful memories.

It is always an Adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment