Wednesday, May 24, 2017

From Cheyenne to Rapid City

Our trip out of Cheyenne was a beautiful drive through some of WY’s countryside. We have never been to WY so we really didn’t know how pretty it is there. The highway and countryside cleared of the snow and we got to see some very pretty areas. It seemed like everywhere we turned we saw antelope. Some area’s they stood by themselves grazing and other times there was a small herd of them enjoying the day just chewing away at the grassy land without a care in the world.

As we headed towards South Dakota the rolling plains turned into a mountainous climb that didn’t thrill me much to say the least. But we saw a side of South Dakota we had never seen before and it was beautiful. As we drew closer to our designated area the roads got steeper and narrower. I can’t really tell what the view was like because I had my eyes closed most of the way and my hands squeezed tight in prayer. And at one point, Mark asked me to keep my eyes closed until he told me to open them. Talk about scaring me spitless. When he said that I knew it was something where I would have lost it.  Mark is a great driver pulling our rig to safety but that doesn’t mean I liked the roads any better.


The Whispering Pines Campgrounds is a nice place in buried in the black hills pines. You can actually hear the pines whispering their song throughout the camp. There is plenty of room for Lola to enjoy when walking and the sites are nice as well. When we called for a reservation we were told that they weren’t actually open until Memorial day weekend, but they took us in anyway. That being said there are only three other campers here right now, so it is very nice and quiet. We will be checking out on Friday, to who knows where, before they campgrounds fills up.



No comments:

Post a Comment