Monday, January 2, 2017

An electrical end to 2016

Ok so whats new in Yuma Az.

Happy New Year! I just had my coffee out on the High Plains desert which is something I do almost every morning as I watch traffic traveling down the frontage road and I8 that runs past our RV site. It is breeze this morning, 55 deg. and the sky is overcast. I must admit it feels good to have it a little on the cool side, not cold, but cool is good.

I have been doing a little more work on the RV in my spare retirement time…..hehehe
I installed a new outside lite. Its a motion censored led lite that tied right into where the old analog lite was so it still works off the same switch. Flip it once and it is on motion flip it on twice and it is on like a regular outside door lite. Works great, takes less juice from the battery’s and is a lot brighter.


Cindy wanted more light above the stove so I put a new light in the fan above the stove. That took a little revamping of the mount but also being an extra bright led does a great job as well. While at it I replaced the cabinet light on the kitchen side with a new led too. This one can be dimmed so she can set the brightness as needed.

As we replaced the kitchen faucet before leaving on this adventure now seemed like a great time, because of age, to replace both the bathroom sink faucet and the tub faucet including shower head and hose. All work went surprisingly well considering plumbing is my least liked job. It probably helped that I spilled water on myself before I even started so I was already wet. 

As we have had days of it being overcast were back on shore power instead of the solar. If we were boondocking we would be running off the generator but the park does not allow their use because of noise so I just tied back into the parks power supply. On a side note the manual transfer switch I built is working well and can now run the a/c if needed off the generator which is why the auto switch was replaced. Win!

All is well here in Yuma and I am looking forward to another beautiful day spent with my lovely bride.


Here is hoping the New Year leads you on as wonderful an Adventure as Mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment