Monday, June 25, 2018

Good morning

Another hot day in the desert, imagine that, the desert gets hot. But looking ahead it's not as hot as it's gonna get!!! So far we are handling the heat pretty well. We have/are learning to do our shopping after the sun goes down. But some days we just have to get out of the house during the day. Imagine cabin fever in the subzero winter months. That is what it's like in the summer here. You stay inside as much as you can. But here we can avoid some of the heat in the evening whereas when in MN, it just got colder when the sun went down.

Our home is small so there isn't a lot to do on the inside on the hot summer days. I am a tv buff and Mark is a computer buff so that is where we spend most of our time. I've tried to make some cards, but I take up the whole place when doing so and Mark has to go to the bedroom to be on his computer or watch a movie. Not that he ever complains. The other day after I got a hair cut I stopped at the $Tree for some items to make a few things to decorate our home. There isn't much room for setting things out either, but I like to have some things to make it feel more homey here. I'm not complaining about the lack of space, it makes for fast and easy cleaning. :) Most of my decorations were either sold or still in storage, so I make a few things for now.

With the high outside temperatures we have stopped using our oven. Which really puts limits on what to make for meals. We are on a restrictive diet now too so meals are way different than what they used to be. So we looked into and purchased an air bake oven/fryer. I absolutely hate baked fish, unlike Mark who loves fish prepared in any way. We need to eat more fish so the air bake fryer can make the fish in a way that I will eat it and still be within our dietary needs. Last night we had a pizza made on Flatout Lite (flatbread), with my home made sauce and it turned out great and was done in around 6 minutes. Amazing, a pizza we liked and low cal and low carb too. It was small enough for each of us to have one and big enough to satisfy our pizza craving. Well kind of. hehehe

1 comment: