Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Kissing 2019 good-bye with a kick in the butt.


Another year has come and gone. There were some good things and some not so good things.

In March we moved from our little house in the dessert to a bigger park model. Our little home sold to an elderly gentleman of 93 years old. Sadly he passed away before he could enjoy the new home he was so looking forward to living. We moved into our new home as we had planned. It’s been nice having some extra room.  And in May be moved our things from MN to Yuma and it all really filled our new home. Since a park model is still just a trailer, there are projects that Mark will be doing or hiring out to get done.

Our son got married in May to a very nice gal. They are so compatible it's uncanny. She is a great stepmom for our grandson Patrick as well. Just recently they purchased their first home. The year 2019 come to a happy end for them. Nothing but new and happiness for them, I pray.

We survived our second summer in the heat of Yuma. Even though the temps were about the same, maybe a few degrees cooler, it seemed much warmer to Mark. At least we don’t have to deal with mosquitoes or high humidity. Speaking of humidity; since we have not been in a MN summer for a couple years we have gotten used to what it is like here. In Sept we had a few high humidity days. I have to laugh because the high humidity was 56%. That felt quite high to us now. In fact it bordered on miserable. But in MN it wouldn’t even be an issue. Now that it’s our forth winter in Yuma, the colder temps are feeling much colder. I’ve gotten used to the heat so now the winter temps have me dressed like an eskimo. I needed to buy some warmer clothing. The Canadians dress like it’s spring or fall, in shorts and flip flops, and I’m dressed like it’s subzero temps. Most of the Yuman’s do dress warmer in the winter than the snowbirds.

In September my best friend passed away. Mom outlived what the doctors had said and now she is without the dreadful pain that she lived with for years and is happy and healthy with our Lord. But I have no one to talk to anymore. I miss her so very much. My family has nothing to do with me since mom's death  but that really shouldn’t surprise me. I seldom heard from them anyway. We just really didn’t have the money for another trip to MN for the funeral. It’s not just the flight for us, it’s the motel, car rental, gas, kennel and food. It all adds up to more than $2000. Mom knew I wouldn’t be at her funeral and she laughed jokingly said she wouldn’t be able to be at mine either. At least she understood and that is all that matters. We said our good byes when I saw her in May.


 The year 2019 came and went just like any other year, while I was sleeping. I would like to think that 2020 will be a better year. All I can do is pray for miracles.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete